Fill your viewfinder with stunning shots of Snowy Mountain landscapes, cascading rivers and streams, rugged countryside and majestic snowgums.
We are excited to be offering Landscape Photography Weekends with multi award-winning Australian Institute of Professional Photography (AIPP) Master Photographer, Ben Kopilow. Ben will host the weekends demonstrating how to utilise your camera to take the best shot. Ben is very familiar with both the Resort and the local area so knows all the best locations for taking that amazing photo and will teach you about light, the right time of day for shooting along with other hints and tips throughout the weekend. You will spend time around the Resort taking photos of the spectacular snow gums, mountain landscapes, rugged countryside along with beautiful rivers, lakes and streams.
LANDSCAPE PHOTOGRAPHY WEEKEND DATES:
SUMMER COURSE - 26th - 28th January 2018
AUTUMN COURSE - 18th - 20th May 2018
SPRING COURSE - 21st - 23rd September 2018
The all inclusive Landscape Photography Weekend package includes:
2 nights accommodation
Hot buffet breakfast each morning of your stay
All photography tuition from Ben Kopilow
Lunch on Saturday
Workshop sessions including meal breaks
Welcome drink on arrival
Friday & Saturday night dinner
Late Checkout of 3pm
Click here to view full details of the special all inclusive weekend package
Ben Kopilow Biography
Ben is an accredited professional photographer as well as a speaker, educator, judge and mentor in the photography industry.
He holds Master of Photography honours with the Australian Institute of Professional Photography (AIPP) and currently serves
as the ACT division president. He joined the institute and was accredited in 2006 and has served on the ACT council for
the intervening 10 years. Ben is the founder and principal photographer of Fusion Photography, a busy wedding and portrait
studio established in 2002.
As a wedding photographer Ben has worked all over Australia as well as Asia Pacific, Italy and LA. Ben is also an award-winning
landscape/nature/fine-art and editorial photographer, contributing to international image libraries where his work is sold
and published on everything from greeting cards and books to billboards in New York.
Ben runs regular photography workshops and works as an assessor and judge for the AIPP and various other institutions and clubs.
2016 Australian Professional Photography Awards - 1 x Silver Award and 1 x Silver with Distinction in Landscape
2016 La Grande Awards - Highly Commended in Landscape
2015 Australian Professional Photography Awards - 4 x Silver Awards in Landscape
2015 - Epson ACT/NSW Professional Photography Awards - 1 x Gold Award and 2 x Silver in Landscape
2014 International Photography Awards - Honorouble Mention in Landscape
2014 Epson ACT/NSW Professional Photography Awards - Finalist in Landscape
2014 Epson ACT/NSW Profesional Photography Awards - 1 x Gold Award and 1 x Silver with Distinction in Landscape
2013 Michael H.Kellicut International Juried Photo Prize - Finalist in Landscape
2013 International Photography Masters Cup - Finalist in Fine-art
2012 Professional Photographer UK - Finalist in Travel Fine-art
2008 - World Institute of Photographic Masters - Fine-art & Landscape Photographer of the Year
Who is the class for?
Anyone who can use the basic functions of their camera and who wants to improve their photography and/or their understanding
of the visual medium.This workshop combines classes on camera craft, composition, lighting & Photoshop along with practical
hands on help during morning and evening photo shoots in the beautiful mountain environment of Lake Crackenback Resort
& Spa. Your tutor and guide will be multi award-winning AIPP Master Photographer Ben Kopilow, who has 14 years experience
as a professional photographer, and has a thorough knowledge of the area. The workshop will focus on landscape & nature
photography, but will also include help for there kinds of photography as well.
What will you learn?
- What composition is and why it’s so important
- The thought process & techniques behind constructing great images with the wow factor
- Advanced composition and its practical application including line theory, colour theory, mood & emotion, balance, harmony
& visual dynamics
- Simple Photoshop techniques you can use to enhance your images
- Numerous practical examples will be used to illustrate topics
- Photo shoots with practical hands on assistance will help you apply the theory you learn
- Critique and feedback will be given on the images you take to help you further improve
What are the intended learning outcomes?
- A greater understanding of how your camera works and the ability to use manual setting for creative control
- A greater visual awareness/understanding of the elements of composition and aesthetics
- An enhanced visual vocabulary that will improve your ability to critically evaluate images and self-assess your own work
- The ability to create more visually appealing & powerful images
- An understanding of Photoshop as a production and finishing tool, rather than a magic fix it tool
- Practical experience & inspiration to use in your photography journey
What you will need to bring?
- Your DSLR camera
- Camera accessories including a tripod
- Fully charged battery including a spare if you have one
- Memory card
- Hiking shoes (to avert twisted ankles)
- Suitable clothing for wet and dry weather conditions
Photography Weekend Highlights:
Snow gum photography at Kosciuszko National Park
Night photography at Lake Crackenback
There will be no more than 10 people attend the weekend so that everyone receives personal attention.
Fitness Level / Difficulty
Moderate level of fitness as there will be some walking involved.
View some of Ben's work below -