Explore the Lake Jindabyne Foreshore and gain insight into the rich history of the Snowy Mountains on an electric bike.
Absorb your surrounds as your knowledgeable guide shares with you some of the multi layered history of the region. From first nations history, gold mining, Mt Kosciuszko, the Old Town of Jindabyne, cattleman’s history along with Snowy Hydro and the Kosciuskzo National Park. This 2.5 hour tour will leave you with a new appreciation of how this region came to be what it is today.
COST: $100.00 per person (min. 2 people)
TOUR DAYS: Wednesdays, Saturdays & Sundays
DURATION: 2.5 hours
TIME: 9.30am departing Reception returning to the Resort at approximately 12.30pm.
SKILL LEVEL: Able to ride a bike. The E-Bike makes this a very easy ride for anyone to experience.
AGE: 14 years and over. The E-bikes we stock will suit a 14 year old and above. Participants aged 14 – 17 years must be accompanied by an adult.
- Water bottle
- Phone / camera
- Some money for a coffee stop along the way
- You may want to bring a small day pack to carry any items
An Electric or E-Bike as they are called is a bike that can be powered by electricity as well as propelled by pedals. The bike provides assistance as you pedal rather than powered by a throttle. You still need to work your legs as you ride, but pedal-assistance helps you along the way.
- Dress appropriately for the weather
- All participants must wear enclosed and flat soled footwear
- This is an easy tour, the wind can be cold around the lake so dress warm
- A bike helmet will be provided
This tour can begin from Lake Crackenback Resort & Spa, you will be picked up and taken down to Jindabyne in the Resort shuttle bus where the tour begins or you can meet the LCR guide at the Jindabyne boat ramp.
- Custom fit out with your E-bike and helmet.
- Ride briefing along with riding and safety tips to help you get the most out of your experience.
- Ride to Curiosity Rocks where there will be a Welcome to Country and you will learn about some of the First Nations history.
- Ride through to the clay pits where your guide will share some local history about mining gold, clay and tin.
- Keep riding to the Strzelecki monument where you will be provided with key facts about Australia’s highest peak – Mt Kosciuskzo, the old town of Jindabyne and the mountain cattlemen’s history.
- Ride onto the Jindabyne dam wall where your guide will impart their knowledge of Snowy Hydro with you.
- You will then ride back to the National Parks and Wildlife Service Information Centre offering visual insights into the Kosciuszko National Park and the protection of our local environment.
- A ride back to the boat ramp and this is where your tour ends. If you have chosen to, your guide will drive you back to Lake Crackenback Resort. This tour will leave you with a new appreciation of the rich history of the Snowy Mountains.
- Guided experience
- E-Bike and helmet hire
- Shuttle bus transfers to and from Jindabyne back to Lake Crackenback Resort