Myotherapy treatment applies a range of techniques (modalities) and takes an evidence-informed approach to support client’s outcomes, with a focus on supporting self-management.
Qualified practioners use clinical reasoning, manual hands-on therapy, problem solving and planning skills to design and implement treatment and management programs specific to client needs and health outcomes.
Treatments may include, but are not limited to;
• Dry needling – electrotherapeutic & myofascial
• Myofascial release and Trigger Point Therapy
• Muscle Energy Technique
• Joint Mobilisation with Movement
• Remedial Massage
• Taping techniques
• Exercise prescription
Why see a Myotherapist?
Myotherapists treat a wide range of complaints such as:
• Migraines and Tension Headaches
• Back & joint pain
• TMJ/jaw pain
• Sports Injuries: Sprains/strains/tears
• Repetitive strain injury (RSI)
• Myofascial pain syndrome/fibromyalgia and other chronic pain presentations
• Postural dysfunction
• General muscular tension
• Rehabilitation pre/post-surgery
Myofacial Cupping Therapy
Myofascial Cupping Therapy is the application of cups to the surface of the skin. A technique of extracting air from the cup collectively pulls the skin, connective tissue (fascia) and muscle into the cup. This allows the muscle to release stagnated impurities (toxins) and allows for fresh blood and nutrients to circulate into the muscle.
Jane is a very accomplished remedial massage therapist with a qualification in Myotherapy.
Jane has worked as a Remedial Massage Therapist since 2005 in many multidiscipline clinics in Wollongong, alongside Osteopaths, Physiotherapists, Naturopaths and professional sports teams such as the St. George Dragons, Wellington Phoenix and Illawarra Hawks.
Jane finds herself drawn back to the Snowy Mountains with her family for the lifestyle and snow. Jane loves baking, cats and ironing. She has a stamp collection and enjoys watching antiques roadshow and has the entire UK series on a Fetch box.
Experience & Knowledge
- BHSc- myo Dip.RM
- Level 1 Kinetic Link Training Cert
- Studio Pilates Inter Matwork Instructor
- Infant massage instructor +NICU
- Reiki Mushroom Master